My Kaptivating 4 Star Review
After losing everyone she loves, Natalie Mason feels lost and alone. With the heartache she suffered in the past and only having her two good friends Kate and Charlie, Kate feels scared and alone. When she meets Mac Carter she unexpectedly finds peace and comfort with him. Mac isn’t like any guy she has met before. He is gorgeous, smart, successful and caring. Slowly getting her life back to normal, one night of fun leads to a lifetime of change and Natalie doesn’t have a clue of what she wants to do. Does she trust Mac and open her heart to him or will she keep it protected because of the hurt she suffered in the past.
Natalie has captured Mac’s attention. He is drawn to her, both having suffered loss it is a common thing they share. They are kindred spirits. She is beautiful, quiet and smart. He wants to get to know her better and he knows not to rush things with her. Everything changes in one night.
Together Natalie and Mac navigate through their feelings and a relationship that neither one was expecting. When people from both their pasts appear, they start to question things and threaten their already fragile future together is at stake.
This story was so touching. It is so hard dealing with loss. Natalie doesn’t want to burden her friends who are both so blissfully happy and planning their futures. Natalie feels alone. Finding security, understanding and a little bit of peace with Mac, she learns, they have a lot in common. He understands where she is coming from and he is able to provide that understanding and comfort that she needs.
Such as life, it isn’t easy, especially when ex’s show up. Feelings are brought forth, questions are raised and of course, things get twisted.
Mac and Natalie have to fight for their new found relationship and for the love they were just beginning to discover. But you know what they say, love is worth fighting for. Through trial and error they find the kind of relationship that they want to have together. Natalie struggles with her feelings of the past, while Mac struggles to straighten out the lies that his past has brought to his future.
Once again, Carlie does not disappoint. We got to know a little about Mac and Natalie in her Killer Next Door series and now we finally have Mac and Natalie’s story.
It is heartbreaking, shocking and romantic but it will definitely leave you satisfied.
Such a great read and I look forward to seeing what Carlie has in store for us next!
20 fun facts about Carlie Sexton
1. I was born in Louisiana. Still consider myself a Southern Belle, even though I have lived in California longer.
2. I never eat lima beans because they remind me of stink bugs.
3. In high school, my favorite sport in P.E. was archery.
4. My toes are always painted.
5. I lived in Hawaii from 5-9 years old. Learned to hula then.
6. I’m technically challenged and didn’t send my first text until August~2013.
7. I met my hubby at a church singles group.
8. When writing the Killer Next Door series, I watched all of the Dexter episodes in about a month!
9. My favorite color is purple, but I only have 2 purple items in my closet.
10. I have 2 dogs. One whines and one groans to get my attention.
11. My hubby is complicated and I modeled Neil after his assertive side and Mac after his perceptive, nurturing side.
12. My favorite super hero is Wonder Woman.
13. I’m addicted to mint chocolate chip ice cream.
14. I became a teacher at 35.
15. My hair is naturally curly, but I straighten it.
16. My favorite wine is Moscato.
17. I never played Scrabble until I was in my 30’s.
18. In college I drove a Camaro.
19. I love decorating and my home has an Italian flare to it.
20. I eat an apple and a pear every day.
Check out this FANTASTIC Dream Cast
a Rafflecopter giveaway