Friday, January 31, 2014

Who I am (FireNine #3) by Shanora Williams... My 4 Star Review


Synopsis:

Some stories aren’t easy to tell.

Some situations aren’t easy to relive.

But I was raised to be strong—to hold my own. Because of it, I was hurt, torn down, beaten and even had my heart snatched right out of my chest.

But I’m ready now. It’s time for me to speak up. You want to know what really goes on inside my head, well I’m right here.

Real. Raw. Intense.

This is all me. Roy Sykes. This is my story, and trust me… its far from pretty



My 4 Star Review




“ You’re my baby girl. My life. Without you, I wouldn’t truly be happy. I honestly never thought I’d be happy again.”

Growing up is never easy. Doing what he had to do to help his mother and the cost of her medical bills and having to work with some shady people. He had no other choice but to be strong and hold his own. His escape is his music and also his love, that is until she ripped his heart and trust into shreds.  Left with only his music, he vows that he will never let someone have his heart, ever again.
Life is never easy. Life does guarantee that things. When Kelsey enters his life, it leaves him feeling elated but confused and scared.
Happy and content Roy slowly comes out of his shell and Kelsey is the one who has helped him. He is the only FireNine band member who remains a mystery. He is finally speaking out and the fans love it. Little did he know that speaking about past would bring people back into his life that he thought he would never see again.
With the past threatening his future, Roy has a choice to make and that choice could cost him the love of his life.
“Kelsey, please...” “Please don’t do this. You have my heart. It was because of you that I believed in love again. You can’t strip that away from me.”

We finally have Roy’s story and I have to say, I LOVED it. There is just something about Roy that I was able to connect with. I adore his character. He is all heart. He does things because he truly is a good guy but sometimes nice deeds are taken the wrong way.
Like most couples, Roy and Kelsey struggle, they hurt and they learn. The past my not always be butterflies and rainbows but the future is always bright and together they learn about letting go, trust and moving forward.
I cannot tell you how much Shanora has grown as an author. She gets better and better with every story she writes!
A job very well done.

Purchase the series from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment